Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 6-Justin hurts himself

Justin is playing City League bball (the 30 & over group-are we really there already?) and they usually play Sunday nites but their game was early today b/c of Super Bowl. The kids and I decided to tag along but when we got there we decided Madelynn probably wouldn't like the noise so the kids and I headed to the mall. Sorry that was a really long sentence. Anyway, we go back to pick up Justin and I see that he is holding his water bottle to his eye and think "oh great, he hurt himself". I am thinking something fairly minor but when he comes out he looks pretty bad. He went up for a rebound and some big gulloot who gets the rebound decides to throw his elbow at Justin's eye. This causes Justin to see stars, blood to gush from his nose and his eye to have trouble focusing. Thankfully, he didn't get knocked out and no stitches were required. I will post a pic later of him b/c I am pretty sure his eye is going to be swollen shut here soon and right now I don't think he is in the mood to have his pic taken! I am glad I wasn't there to see it b/c I probably would have said some words I would have regretted soon afterward. Anyway, his eye is still not focusing that well and he is in pain but I think he will survive. :o)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates sister! hehehe :D I hope Justin recovers quickly-so he doesn't have a concussion or anything? Not good. Anyway, love ya! Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is Justin? I'm sorry to hear about the elbow! Is he at home, or working? Questions, questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOoooooooooooo. He didn't call home to Mommie:-(

    ReplyDelete