Saturday, October 23, 2010


I was able to can apples today when Justin was at the Bobcat game. Mary came to help me and let me borrow all her stuff. I made applesauce (the pinker one has red hots in it) and apple butter. It was a lot of fun and it was nice to use most of our apples from our tree this year.
We sort of had a foster dog for one night. Thursday night it showed up at our house and was very friendly. It didn't leave and since it was cold out that night we let it sleep inside because the garage is the cat's place to sleep and we didn't want to make her angrier. She already looked mad when he was on our front porch. Justin named him Schwartzee and the kids called him Shortsie. He was gone when we came home from work the next day which we were kind of sad about but also kind of relieved we didn't have to adopt him! :o)

1 comment:

  1. I remembered taking pictures of my first canning experience. I hope you can continue to be excited about preserving. The thrill has worn off at our house:-( Grammie

    ReplyDelete