Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What Madelynn is Up To

Madelynn is always making me laugh these days. Or exasperated...:0)
Today she finally discovered her nostrils and that she can store items in them!! First, we had popcorn for our snack today and I see her with her finger in her nose so I just thought "she is picking her nose" but then she gets her play pliers out and pretending to take stuff out...only it is not pretending she had an old maid in there!! Then before bed tonight she was eating some fish crackers and I hear "Mommy, my nose hurts! OUCH!" So upon entering the room I find that she has put half a goldfish in both nostrils!!! The next 10 or so minutes was spent trying to make her snort them out. I think she finally learned her lesson after those.
Other than that she picks up on so much these days (which I know is normal- I just have to think she is a genius, you know being her mom and all!). When we were walking yesterday she saw the cement truck at our neighbors and the big shoot thing (yeah, not sure of the technical term) was shaped like an M, it was about 30 ft in the air, and she said "M, like Madelynn".
She is also learning to say "sorry" and say thanks for dinner. She also likes to say "sure do like it".
Anyway, this is just a brief synopsis of what she is up to these days. She does and says so many funny/entertaining things every day. She has been a little blessing.

2 comments:

  1. How funny about her nose! I hope she did learn her lesson.
    That being said, she is a very smart girl! Very observant. So it's not just you as her mom that thinks that.
    Hope to see you soon! We'll be out of town 'til Sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kno dout she most be a jenious - got it frum her grammee:-)
    The nostrill commints were highlarus!

    ReplyDelete