Monday, June 29, 2009
Poison Control
So I made my first and I hope last call to Poison Control on Sunday. Madelynn was taking a nap in our bed and I had a bottle of ibuprofen on the nightstand (I know-it shouldn't have been there!!). Anyway, Justin went in to check on her and calls me in. She had gotten the bottle open and had sucked and chewed on about 10 tablets! She said she didn't swallow any. So I called the Poison Hot line and told them my situation and the woman assured me the amount she may have swallowed was safe and Madelynn should just eat and drink something to avoid an upset tummy. The woman said for MJ's age/weight 12 pills was the number to take her to the hospital. Madelynn may have ingested probably only about 2 pills. So thank the Lord, Madelynn was fine and I think we both learned a lesson about meds!! :) And just so you know the hotline woman was extremely nice, helpful, and understanding. She said on average they probably recieve about 3-4 calls each about ibuprofen-making me feel a little better that I'm not the only one that this has happend too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yikes! That is scary. Thanks God she's all right. I will remember now, too, to keep meds up high. I can't believe she got the cap open...they're hard for me sometimes.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I love your quote this week! :)