Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Taco Topping

I haven't taken a lot of pictures lately and life has been pretty low-key lately. But I did try a new chicken taco recipe which was really yummy. It wasn't really anything fancy or really different so maybe I was just really hungry. Anyway, basically all you do different is add this chipotle ranch sauce which is made by mixing chipotle salsa to ranch. I know really complicated! It is 2 tbsp salsa to 1/2 c ranch. I added more salsa to be daring! Then you top with avocados and tomatoes and whatever other toppings you want. I didn't even have to add sour cream so that is saying a lot about the salsa ranch! So if you want to add a little zip to your tacos I recommend this.

Besides trying new recipes, what have we been up to....playing lots outside in our newly refurbished sandbox, petting our six new kitties, hanging up laundry outside (one of my favorite household chores), and just keeping busy with the usual work, kids, household and now outdoor chores! I will try to take some new pics soon. The rest of the week is supposed to be rainy/snowy/yucky so no outside play-bummer.

1 comment:

  1. The chicken recipe sounds YUMMY! I need to try it for sure.
    Snowing here right now.
    Grammie

    ReplyDelete