Monday, May 13, 2013

Ok...

Ok...so I can't seem to upload photos! How frustrating!! I will try again later but I was really going to do something on here today and NOW it won't let me. 
I guess I will just write something then....hmmm....

Mother's Day
Since that just happened yesterday, I will write on that. First, Justin brought home supper Saturday night-very good.Then I got to sleep in and even tho' J slept on my head part of the morning it was still nice. Breakfast was made for me, we got to church on time, I got a rose at church, had a yummy lunch, Justin washed the dishes (and there were a lot!), relaxed w/ the family during the afternoon and at the end had yummy ice cream w/ lots of yummy toppings. A very good day!

I want to say how much my Mom means to me~ she is such a hard worker and so patient! She loves the Lord, prays for us girls and our families, plays w/ the grandkids even when she has been teaching little munchkins all day and I am just super blessed to have her as my mom! She is retiring this year from teaching~she has had so many roles/positions as a teacher and I know she has positively influenced so many young lives over the past 30+ years! Thanks Mom for being so great! :o)

My Grandma L~she is our last Grandma on this side of heaven (thankful that the other 3 are in heaven). She is small and gray haired but she is a little spitball underneath all of that sweetness and quiet voice. I think she passed her stubbornness down through my Mom to Candi and Nessa and skipped me but Jacki did get a touch! :o) She was a great example of how to love and serve your husband~my Grandpa was well taken care of and she always did it w/ a smile.

My Sister Candace has been such a wonderful support to me as a mom~we have become closer as we both have had children and she has listened to many of my woes as a mom. She always has good advice and she is doing a super job raising her 2 little blessings! And she is a great Auntie too!

My sis Nessa is going to be a GREAT MOM! So excited to have another babe in the family!!! And she has two incredibly smart and beautiful older sisters that have so much good advice for her so please ask us anytime Nessa!

And Jacki is a great Auntie too! She does such a good job taking the kids to the pet store, parks, and entertaining them while I am shopping! :o)

Now for my Mother-in-law Sharon...I am truly lucky to have her as my MIL. She also loves the Lord and prays for us all which is such a blessing. She raised a fine man in my husband and I am so thankful for all the hard work, energy, love, tears and everything that went into raising my man. It was all worth it and I thank you for sticking it out w/ him! :o) She is also a wonderful Grammie and I enjoy seeing her craft w/ M and play w/ our boys. Thanks for loving us all!

Jonathan's wife, Laura, is also doing a great job raising their son. It has been fun talking "baby" with her these last 2 years and I always appreciated her watching M when she was young. You are doing a terrific job raising T and I am glad you are my SIL!

I also have a lot of wonderful friends that are super moms and I appreciate all the love and hard work they are putting into their children's lives. I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day and know your job is so important!!

2 comments:

  1. What a moving blog Racquel! Your comments about all the ladies were precious. Thanks for including me. I didnt know your Mom was retiring. I am happy for her:-) - Grammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Racquel has been blogging about all these super moms, and left herself out. We think she does a super job and are so thankful that she wants to include God in raising the children. Mom

    ReplyDelete