Monday, September 5, 2011

Gettin' Dirty


We moved our strawberry patch earlier this summer and were using the spot as a fire pit but Justin decided to clean it up. Well, it turned into a mud pit and of course the kiddos were instantly drawn to it!



Needless to say, after we rinsed them off a little outside the tub still had a good layer of dirt on the bottom after their shower!
Oh, my sis Jacki said in Billings they have a "Mud Run" at the Metra in the spring...I am kind of tempted to get in shape and do it-and let my inner child out a little! :o)

3 comments:

  1. If you get this twice - sorry. I thought I had posted a comment but I don't see it. Anyway - I remember at Beacon that Vanessa said that the mud pit was here favorite activity there! Some of my most favorite memories of my childhood was making mud pies and baking them on top of fence posts.
    What makes a run a "mud" run? - Grammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for letting them get so dirty!!!
    What fun:)
    When is the mud run? Maybe I'll get into shape too and do it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sharon- I guess the mud run is in the metra and the course is made of dirt/mud and there are hills and such and it is basically a race in mud around the Metra and you get really dirty!
    @ Ashley- I think it is in late spring or early summer- I will tell my sis to look for info on it and let me know! It would be fun if you would join me!

    ReplyDelete