



Justin and I were able to go on a CHILDLESS five day vacation last week. It was such a treat! At first, it was sort of weird-I have to admit. Justin was putting his arm around me and all I could think was "this is strange-he never does this". And of course he used to always but now our hands are always full so it doesn't happen quite as often as it used too!
Anyway, after the shock of a quiet back seat and having each other all to ourselves- it was quite nice. Friday night we drove to Casper, WY and camped. We found a nice campground in town and put our tent on a nice grassy corner. After getting all situated and almost falling asleep we hear CHUG-A-CHUG-A-CHOO CHOO! Or something like that-basically, a train track was 100 ft or so from our tent! So that was nice background noise every once in awhile for the next 6 hours or so.
After that fitful night of sleep we drove onto Cheyenne and took in Frontier Days. That is quite the event. Thousands of people, a rodeo going on, a Native American Village, a frontier town, carnival, vendors and lots of other stuff. We were even able to see a semi-celebrity -we were at the Native American place watching a pow-wow and the announcer said that Dog the Bounty Hunter was in the crowd-he looked exactly as he does on the show but wasn't all dressed in black or have a taser on him. That night we went to the Brooks & Dunn concert which was a lot of fun too! After the concert, we headed to Ft Collins for the night. On Sunday, we headed to Boulder and just lazed around. Monday we hit the water park in Denver and then downtown Boulder-both were very entertaining. Tuesday we went to the Denver zoo and a Rockies game. The zoo was so fun-the animals actually move! The Rockies was also fun but I missed both home runs. :o(
It was all great and I think we may have to try this again next year or maybe this fall if only for a night! ;O)
A big thanks to my parents and Jackie for being brave and taking the kids!

I do look at your blog. Sorry I don't comment more. The vacation pics are great and I love the tribute to my dad! Thanks.
ReplyDeleteGrammie