Thursday, November 12, 2009

Finley's Big Day

Grandpa encouraging Finley's chocolate habit
A very happy sugar-high chocolaty Fin
Fin eying his b-day cake
My wonderful monkey creation-I am taking orders if anyone wants me to ruin their b-day cake! :)

Finley celebrated his 1st bday on the 7th with my parents, Jacki, John, Sharon, Jonathan, Laura and my friend Deidre and a little boy she was watching. It was great having most of our families here and Finley and MJ loved all the attention. I tried my hand at making a "special" b-day cake and needless to say it was SPECIAL! I was telling everyone they are going to have to be prepared to see the same cake for Finley's next 17 birthdays. I will get it to look like a good monkey sooner or later! :)

Finley also had his 1 yr check up on the 6th and glad to report he is healthy. He weighs 25 lbs and is 31 1/2 inches tall. He handled his shot like a man too! Just one little yelp. Now that he is one, I am going to start weaning him and start working on him sleeping through the night! It has only taken me a year to get to this point! :0)

1 comment:

  1. You are too hard on yourself. The cake is adorable! It was yummy, too! We all polished it off. Would you like to make me a monkey cake for my b-day? I would be honored to show it off and give credit to you! :)

    ReplyDelete